We provide a full range of training resources including live, instructor-led sessions. Each 30- or 60-minute session concludes with a Q&A discussion. We also have many recorded webinars to choose from, as well as access to CME credit courses. Just browse the list below to find the support you need.
In addition, UHC On Air is United HealthCare’s video driven communication platform that hosts live and on-demand programs.
Reminder on Special Needs Plan Model of Care Training
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires Special Needs Plans (SNPs) to provide initial and annual Model of Care (MOC) training to all network providers contracted to see SNP members and all out-of-network providers seen by SNP members routinely. UnitedHealthcare offers the SNP MOC training as a pre-recorded session that takes about 10 minutes to complete. Please complete the annual training module.
SNPs are responsible for conducting their own MOC training, which means you may be asked to complete multiple trainings by different health plans.
The training includes information about the different types of SNPs tailored to individual needs. You’re considered a SNP care provider if you see UnitedHealthcare plan members who have benefits under a Medicare Advantage SNP.
Please complete this year’s training by Oct. 1, 2019:
- To complete the training, click HERE, enter your Optum ID and watch the program.
- If you do not have an Optum ID, you may register for one at UHCprovider.com. Click on New User and follow the directions listed there. Please allow 24–48 hours for your new Optum ID to give you access. If you experience a problem with registration, please contact your security administrator.
- Once registered with your Optum ID, go to UHCprovider.com > Menu > Resource Library > Training > 2019 Special Needs Plan Model of Care Training Special Needs > UHC On Air.
This 30-minute session covers how to register for Link and set up multi-TIN access. It also takes you on a tour of additional features and functions that are relevant to billing companies.
This 30-minute session reviews how to submit a CMS 1500 Professional Claim using the Claim Submission tool on Link.
The OptumHealth™ Education website provides access to on-demand webcasts, information on upcoming conferences and registration for other educational programs.
This 30-minute session reviews how to access documents and reports in Document Vault and how to enroll in Paperless Delivery Options, so you can reduce mail.
- Introduction to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI): Introduction to the basics of EDI as an electronic solution to exchange and obtain information with us. Learn how it may help you increase productivity and reduce expenses.
- Enhancements to EDI Transactions: Improvements to 270/271 eligibility and benefits and 276/277 claims status transactions will enable you to be more productive using EDI.
- EDI 837 Claims Submission Transactions: Tips on how to submit more claims electronically and understanding HIPAA and Smart Edits.
Need help now? Go to our EDI section for more information and resources.
A 30-minute introduction to the Electronic Payments & Statements (EPS) website. Learn how to view payments, search remittances and print electronic remittance advices.
Need help now? Visit the Electronic Payments & Statements page for more information and resources.
This training discusses why cultural competency and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements are important to care providers, including information on:
Impact of these requirements on care providers
- Cultural competency overview
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) overview
- The provider's role in complying with these requirements
This training is available through UHC On Air.
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Initial Health Assessment Requirements
Per California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) Policy Letter 08-003, the Initial Health Assessment (IHA) is a comprehensive assessment that is completed during the member’s initial encounter(s) with a select or assigned primary care physician (PCP), appropriate medical specialist, or non-physician medical provider (Nurse Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwives, Physician Assistants and Primary Care Providers in training) and must be documented in the member’s medical record.
The IHA enables the members PCP to assess and manage the acute, chronic and preventive health needs of the member. The IHA must be completed and documented in medical record within 120 calendar days of the member’s enrollment to UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
If you have questions, please email the Quality Department at UHCCSCAQualityDepartment_DL@ds.uhc.com.
An introduction to Link, your gateway to UnitedHealthcare’s online tools. This 60-minute session introduces two of Link’s most-used tools:
- eligibilityLink for checking member eligibility and reviewing detailed benefits information.
- claimsLink lets you check claim status and submit claim reconsideration requests.
In this 30-minute session you’ll learn how to register for Link, use the Link Security tool for user ID and password management, and join multiple Tax IDs to one account.
Need help now? Go to our Link Self-Service Tools page for tutorials and quick reference guides.
This 30-minute session reviews the features on the My Practice Profile tool, which lets authorized users view and update the demographic information UnitedHealthcare members see for your practice ‒ including office address, hours, phone, email, contracted plans and more.
Need help now? Go to our My Practice Profile page for more information and resources.
We offer two ways to access training for new care providers and their staff:
- Access the interactive self-paced course whenever it’s convenient for you
- Register for one of our instructor led-sessions
With both options, you’ll learn about important tools and resources available as you begin doing business with us.
Prior Authorization and Notification Tools on Link
In this 30-minute session, you’ll learn how to submit prior authorization/notification requests, view requests submitted by others, check status and update requests as needed through the Prior Authorization and Notification Tool in Link. You will also learn how to find prior authorization/notification requirements.
Need help now? Go to our Prior Authorization and Notification section for more information and resources.
This short, on-demand session reviews the process of submitting a referral online and checking the status of an existing referral. To access the training presentation, please use your Link credentials to sign in to the on-demand session.
We offer a CEU/CME channel on UHC On Air to help support you with continuing education unit (CEU) or continued medical education (CME) credits — at no cost to you.
How It Works
First, follow these steps to access the CEU/CME channel:
- Sign in to Link by going to UHCprovider.com and clicking the Link button in the top right corner.
- Select the UHC On Air tool on your Link dashboard, and then choose the CEU/CME Channel to view continuing education programs.
At the completion of each CEU/CME program, you’ll answer a series of questions and and need to achieve a score of 80 percent or higher to earn the educational credit certificate. You can then download the certificate from your UHC On Air profile, and we’ll also automatically email a copy of it to you.
Care Provider Instructions
- Review the Timely Access to Care Standards and share them with your staff.
- Complete the attestation form and email it to email@example.com
Timely Access to Care Standards
The California Department of Managed Health Care requires that appointment requests are completed within specific timeframes. Following these standards guarantees that patients have timely access to care.
If you have questions, please email the Quality Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need technical help to access any of our training, please email ProviderTechSupport@uhc.com or call our Help Desk at 866-842-3278, option 3. Representatives are available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Eastern Time.
If you are experiencing technical problems with an application or need immediate assistance, please visit the Technical Support page for contact phone numbers and information.