In September and October of 2018, we announced that we’re retiring certain fax numbers used for medical prior authorization requests on Jan. 1, 2019. Instead of faxing the requests, please use the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link.
Go to UHCprovider.com/priorauth for full program details.
The fax numbers retiring on Jan. 1, 2019, are:
More numbers will be added to this list throughout 2019. We’ll let you know which numbers are being retired in the Network Bulletin and at UHCprovider.com/priorauth.
Some Fax Numbers Won’t Retire
Some plans have a state requirement for fax capability and will continue to use their existing fax number for their members. However, you can still use the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link to submit requests for those members.
Requests for Additional Information
If we ask you for more information about a prior authorization request, you can attach it directly to the case using the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link. If you can’t access Link, you can use the fax number included on the request for more information.
New Fax Numbers for Admission Notifications
Some of the retiring fax numbers are also used for Inpatient Admission Notifications. While we encourage you to use the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link to notify us when a member has been hospitalized or admitted to your facility, we have new fax numbers you can use for Inpatient Admission Notification.
- UnitedHealthcare Commercial Admission Notifications: 844-831-5077.
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage and Medicare Special Needs Plans Admission Notifications: 844-211-2369.
Please do not use these fax numbers for prior authorization requests.
Other Ways to Submit a Prior Authorization Request
If you’re unable to use the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link, you can continue to call Provider Services at 877-842-3210 to submit a request by phone.
Quick Start: Using the Prior Authorization and Notification Tool
Access the tool by clicking on the Link button in the top right corner of this screen and signing in. Learn more at UHCprovider.com/paan.
With the Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link, you can check if prior authorization or notification is required, submit your request and check status ‒ all in one place. Use it to:
- Submit a new prior authorization request or inpatient admission notification.
- Get a reference number for each submission, even when prior authorization or notification isn’t required.
- Add frequently selected care providers and procedures to your favorites list for quick submissions.
- View medical records requirements for common services and add an attachment to a new or existing submission.
- Update an existing request with attachments, add clinical notes or make changes to case information.
You’ll be redirected to a different site for radiology, cardiology and oncology services.
Access the Prior Authorization and Notification tool by clicking on the Link button in the top right corner of this screen and signing in. New to Link? Click on New User or go to UHCprovider.com/newuser.