Congratulations! You’re now ready to see patients as a UnitedHealthcare network care provider.
Before you begin, we encourage you – and your office staff – to watch this short Welcome Video from UnitedHealthcare leaders. View video transcript text.
The next step is to get connected with our online systems and resources. You’ll find everything you need from seeing patients to getting paid. View the Get Connected Quick Start Guide checklist.
Take a few minutes now to verify your demographic information:
Review your information in our online directory under Find Dr. on UHCprovider.com/HIcommunityplan.
Look for the Find Dr. icon in the top right corner. If anything needs to be updated, submit changes to Hawaii_Network_Management@uhc.com.
In the future, you will be asked to verify your information every 90 days. You may also receive a call from us to verify your information.
Our provider website is designed with you in mind. You’ll find everything you need in one place:
- Easily access information and online tools to submit, view and take action on claims.
- Quickly find administrative guides, policies and protocols.
- Stay current with the newest developments from UnitedHealthcare and Optum.
Add uhcprovider.com/hicommunityplan to your bookmarks so you can quickly get the information you need, when you need it.
Link is your gateway to UnitedHealthcare’s self-service online tools. You’ll be able to complete a number of tasks — such as checking on member eligibility, benefits and claims for multiple UnitedHealthcare plans — all without having to pick up the phone.
Get started today.
- Visit UHCprovider.com/link to learn more.
- Create an Optum ID to access Link. Go to UHCprovider.com and click on “New User” in the upper-right corner of your screen. Simply follow the step-by-step on-screen instructions to request an Optum ID.
- The Optum ID must be connected to the Tax ID of your practice, facility or organization.
- Be sure your practice has a security management process to grant the appropriate access to staff members to perform online transactions.
- Start checking out Link. You can submit claims and complete a number of other claims transactions, such as providing additional information that may be requested or requesting a reconsideration of a claim decision. You can also check member eligibility, locate quick reference guides and find other helpful resources.
The fastest way to receive payments, as well as online Provider Remittance Advice (PRA)/Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements, is by enrolling in EPS/Optum Pay. It’s a free service offered to you by UnitedHealthcare.
Get started today.
Enrolling online is simple and easy:
- Visit UHCprovider.com/eps.
- Read the EPS Enrollment Guide and have the following things handy:
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit.
- A voided check or bank letter to verify your bank account information.
- A copy of your practice or facility’s W-9 form.
- Click on the “Enroll” button and follow the prompts to complete your enrollment.
Through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), you’ll be able to submit claims, check eligibility, request prior authorization and referrals and more — all electronically through your practice management system (PMS) or hospital information system (HIS). There’s no need to manually enter data, make phone calls or log into our website. Using EDI for all eligible UnitedHealthcare transactions can help you improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Our monthly electronic newsletter gives you and your staff the latest updates on UnitedHealthcare procedures, policy changes and other useful administrative and clinical information. Just visit UHCprovider.com/networknews to sign up.
From CEU/CME courses to recorded webinars, we have training options to help you stay current on the health care industry and learn how to use UnitedHealthcare’s many tools and resources. Highlights include:
The New Provider Orientation Training Course
This short, half-hour course will help you and your staff learn more about the tools and other resources you’ll need to use as you do business with UnitedHealthcare. It’s available on demand, 24/7, so you can complete it whenever your schedule allows.
To access the course, click here.
UHC On Air
This is a source for live and on-demand video broadcasts that give you in-depth program information and other updates from UnitedHealthcare. And, they’re available from any device.
Check out all of the training options available at UHCprovider.com/training.
Before you see your first UnitedHealthcare Community plan patient,view the Care Provider Manual so that you and your staff are aware of the policies and protocols for UnitedHealthcare’s Community Plan members.
- Wondering if you’re an in-network provider for a specific patient? You can use the Eligibility Link section of Link to check member eligibility and to view your participation status.
- Our health plan ID cards makes it easy to identify the member’s health plan and find important contact information. You can find images of all ID cards online when you check member eligibility on Link.