Electronic Payments & Statements (EPS) is the tool for your practice to receive electronic funds transfer (EFT) and electronic remittance advice (ERA) for most UnitedHealthcare health plans.1
EPS has an enrollment process for billing companies that limits their access to your providers’ banking information and keeps you in control.
Benefits and Features of Electronic Payments & Statements
Once enrolled in EPS you’ll be able to:
- Receive claims payments by direct deposit or Virtual Card Payment (VCP) 5–7 days faster than with paper checks
- Access explanation of benefits (EOBs) or provider remittance advice online or via 835 ERA files
- Receive email notification when payments are deposited to your designated account
- View your deposit amounts along with all remittance advice associated with each deposit
- View or print remittance advice and post payments manually to your practice management system or auto-post using the 835 ERA file
UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue HMO and Medicare Advantage HMO Claims
For UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue and Medicare Advantage HMO claim payments, you must enroll in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the UnitedHealthcare West EFT Tool, which is a separate tool from EPS. Electronic funds transfers completed in the EPS tool will not generate electronic payments for UnitedHealthcare West SignatureValue and Medicare Advantage HMO plans.
Enrolling in Electronic Payments & Statements
Enrolling online is simple and easy. Before you begin, review these guides:
- EPS Enrollment guide for Automated Clearing House (ACH) / Direct Deposit.
- EPS Enrollment guide for Billing Services
- EPS Enrollment guide for Virtual Card Payments (VCPs)
You will need to have the following information handy for enrolling in EPS:
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- A voided check or bank letter to verify bank account information
- A copy of your practice or facility’s W-9 form
Single EOB Search
The Single Explanation of Benefit (EOB) Search is available to all care providers, including those not enrolled in Electronic Payments and Statements (EPS).
Quick Reference Guides and Additional Resources
- Bank Changes for TIN, NPI or Payer
- EDI Education for Electronic Transactions
- EPS Overview
- EPS Quick Reference Guide
- EPS Third Party Billing Service Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Learn More About EPS and Enrollment Options
- Single Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Quick Reference Guide
- Virtual Card Payment (VCP) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you need help enrolling in EPS or using any of its features, please call us at 877-620-6194.
- Choose "option 1" for enrollment.
- Choose "option 2" for access questions.
Support is available Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Central Time.
1EPS is currently available for UnitedHealthcare Commercial, UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, UnitedHealthcare Oxford, and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.