How to Contact UnitedHealthcare West Resources
To view the most current and complete Advance Notification List, including procedure codes and associated services, go to:
- Online: Prior Authorization & Notifications or Prior Authorization and Notification tool on Link
- Arizona & Colorado Medicare Advantage Phone: 800-746-7405
- California, Oregon and Washington: SignatureValue, Medicare Advantage, direct contract network and medical group/IPA carve-out Phone: 800-762-8456
- Nevada Medicare Advantage Phone: 888-866-8297
- Texas and Oklahoma: Medicare Advantage, SignatureValue Inpatient Notification/Utilization Management Phone: 800-668-8139
CT scans, MRIs, MRAs, PET scans and nuclear medicine studies, including nuclear cardiology
- Online: Radiology Prior Authorization & Notifications; select the Go to Prior Authorization and Notification tool.
- Phone: 866-889-8054
Request prior authorization of radiology services as described in Outpatient Radiology Notification/Prior Authorization Protocol in Chapter 6: Medical Management.
Diagnostic Catheterization, Electrophysiology Implants, Echocardiogram and Stress, Echocardiogram Clinical Trials
- Online: Cardiology Prior Authorization & Notifications; select the Go to Prior Authorization and Notification tool.
- Phone: 866-889-8054
Request prior authorization of cardiology services as described in Outpatient Cardiology Notification/Prior Authorization Protocol in Chapter 6: Medical Management.
(Non-delegated) Inpatient includes: Acute Inpatient, Skilled Nursing Admission, Long-Term Acute Care, Inpatient Rehabilitation Places of Service.
- Phone: 800-799-5252
- Fax: 800-274-0569
- Mental Health Medicare Advantage: 800-508-0088
- Phone: 866-300-7736
- Fax: 888-361-0502
Encounter Collection, Submission & Controls, including ERA/835 transactions. Password and user ID are not required to review and access EDI information on UHCprovider.com.
- Online: Electronica Data Interchange page > EDI Contact > EDI Transaction Support Form. A user ID and password are not required to review and access EDI information on UHCprovider.com.
- Phone: 800-842-1109 (For UnitedHealthcare West ERA/835 questions, select option 4 and then option 2)
- Email: email@example.com
- Payer IDs: UnitedHealthcare West encounters, 95958. For claims, the payer ID is 87726. For a complete list of payer IDs, refer to the Payer List for Claims.
Have claims payments deposited electronically or make changes to an existing EFT enrollment
- Online: UHCProvider.com/claims > Request Change to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for UnitedHealthcare West > UnitedHealthcare West EFT Enrollment App Overview
- Link: UnitedHealthcare West EFT on your Link dashboard
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about UnitedHealthcare West EFT.
(Follow prompts to access information)
Commercial & Medicare Advantage HMO/ MCO
- Arizona / Colorado / Nevada: 888-866-8297
- California: 800-542-8789
- Oklahoma / Texas: 877-847-2862
- Oregon: 800-920-9202
- Washington MCO: 800-213-7356
(Applies only to Commercial UnitedHealthcare Signature Value HMO/ MCO)
California, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Washington
P.O. Box 6107
Cypress, CA 90630
- California: 800-624-8822
- Oklahoma / Texas: 800-825-9355
- Oregon / Washington: 800-932-3004
(Applies only to Commercial UnitedHealthcare SignatureValue HMO/MCO)
California Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Washington
- Phone: 888-277-4232
- Fax: 800-346-0930
Fax completed referral form to: 877-406-8212